Life Scout and former World of Speed Learning Center student Nick Oubre is working on his Eagle Scout service product, and you can help!
While the state-of-the-art Learning Center has a large selection of tools for our students to use, there are always places we can use more. For the next three Saturdays in January — Jan. 13, 20, and 27 — Nick will be at World of Speed during Portland Cars & Coffee from 8 to 10 a.m. collecting donations of new or gently used tools and to discuss his project and World of Speed’s education programs.
We’re super proud of Nick for his hard work towards becoming an Eagle Scout, and grateful for his help! You can find a list of the tools and equipment Nick is looking for below:
- Air impact wrench ½-inch drive, at least 1,200 feet-pounds reverse torque
- Allen head screwdriver set (standard and metric)
- Torx head screwdriver set
- Oil filter removal tools
- ¼-inch drive socket sets, two each (standard and metric)
- Bolt bins
- Metal shelving, roughly 6 feet high, 18 inches deep, and 3–4 feet wide