We are excited to welcome you to the World of Speed Archive Room. Enjoy the ride!
Access to the World of Speed Archive is provided through the Archive Room which is open to the public during Archive Room hours and is located off the Main Gallery of the museum.
The World of Speed Archive Room is open for the general public to interact with hands-on items and view rotating exhibits. Watch our newsletter to find out more about present and upcoming exhibits as well as special events in the Archive Room.
Hours may change slightly week to week
Wednesday // 1pm - 4pm
Friday // 1pm - 4pm
Saturday // 10am - 4pm
Sunday // 10am - 3pm
Appointments beyond public hours may be possible.
If interested, please contact the Archivist: email@example.com.
RULES OF THE ROAD
- The Archive Room is exclusively for interaction with World of Speed’s archival collection.
- Public access to the Archive Room is defined as the area in front of Archivist desks only.
- No materials may be removed from the Archive Room without proper authorization.
- For your security and the security of the collection, the activity of this room is monitored by recording video cameras.
- Hands-on interactive materials on display are for the pleasure of all patron and are not to be removed from the Archive Room or defaced.
- Be respectful and do not disturb other Archive Room patrons or researchers.
- No food, drink (including water), or gum allowed.
- All visitors are prohibited from using photographic or recording devices including but not limited to cameras, cellphones, tablets, and computers in the Archive Room.
- Cellphones are not to be used inside the Archive Room for any purpose including but not limited to phone calls, camera, or digital recorder.
- Researchers may have the following items at the Archive Room work tables: laptop, pencil, and paper pad.
- Archive Room researchers are to place all other personal items in one of the red cabinet lockers including but not limited to coats, bags, purses, cellphones, loose papers, scarves, hats, binders, folders, envelopes, and cameras.
- Only pencils should be used when handling collection items (no pens, markers, or other permanent ink that can damage collection items) during research.
- All archival materials pulled for review by researchers shall be returned to the Archivist thirty minutes before the Archive Room closes. A staff member will assess that all items have been returned and that nothing is missing or damaged before the researcher leaves.
- Archive Room attendants reserve the right to check patron’s personal items to insure that archival materials are not removed from the Archive Room including checking electronic devices and personal affects.
- Request to use items are fulfilled in accordance with World of Speed’s mission and Collection Management Policy.